Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

What term is applied to the pendent growths at the sides and base of the beak of chickens?

Jonathan Shively says 2016-01-14 12:50:10 (CST)

Jerry, I have never known this answer as far as I know.

2 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

flm878saskguy says 2016-01-14 13:46:35 (CST)

Are they called "wattles"?

2 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

NoraWI says 2016-01-15 06:03:15 (CST)

Wattles. Which is why people of a certain age are said to develop wattles on their neck.

2 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

JerryHicks says 2016-01-15 08:37:55 (CST)


2 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

Jonathan Shively says 2016-01-15 13:50:12 (CST)

BUT, BUt, But, but, it didn't say neck, it said "beak". That is what got me, I kept for the life of me trying to think of something that grew out of the beak.

2 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
Rural Heritage
The December 18| January 19
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available at
Tractor Supply Stores
throughout the US.
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Wagon Train

Behind the scenes
of a wagon train in
the Black Hills of SD

Visit RFD–TV for the
Rural Heritage scheduled
times in your viewing area.
  • Copyright © 1997 − 2018 Rural Heritage
    Rural Heritage  |  PO Box 2067  |  Cedar Rapids, IA 52406
    Telephone (319) 362-3027

    This file last modified: Aug 13, 2018.

    Designed by