Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

• latest reply 4 years ago

4 years ago

rh comment count

seems like it is going to get dry now the last 10 days without any rain. this morning it was foggy until a little after sunup. we have had 20 3/4" of rain so far our average is about 22"-25" . the water holes are still full most have quit running over. The cattle are wading in grass but the grass is not strong, it is washy.

Mike Rock says 2019-07-30 05:13:03 (CST)

We had a half inch night before last. Now the forecast is for dry and warm, just when we need some moisture for our new seeding of alfalfa. Just took off the oats, seeding is about 4" and dense. Lots of clovers along with the alfalfa, I'll leave them to blossom before cutting for hay as I don't have dairy any more and have 35 colonies of bees.

Looks like we'll have to water the gardens...

God bless all

Mike
SW Wisconsin

Oh, local cheese factory gave us a ton of outdated cheeses for the hogs......you should see them rip into forty pound blocks of cheddar!!!
They throw it up in the air and chase it, having a ball. American Mulefoot piggies..... Down to only twenty or so right now.

4 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

Klaus Karbaumer says 2019-07-31 18:39:01 (CST)

Our local weather station has issued a flash flood watch for the next three days. They forecast 3-5, possibly 8 inches of rain for the next two nights. I had wanted to sow some fall crops, but will hold off till this weather event is over.

vince mautino says 2019-08-02 11:14:40 (CST)

We have had about 5" in the last two weeks. 1" last night.. It dried up for about a week enough for me to haul hay in the mornings but right now, there is no end in sight. Last year it was dry as can be. This year, wet, wet, wet.

Scott S says 2019-08-02 23:04:05 (CST)

We where so wet all spring but really needing of rain at this point.

K.C. Fox says 2019-08-03 22:42:00 (CST)

some got a bunch of rain last night grand island,broken bow,Sargent we did not get a measurable amount. Custer SD had more than enough the highway 16 and 385 were closed because of high water they got 5" -6". We ( Toby and me) broke the tongue out of one mower we never got the new one put in his brother got stuck with the 4 wheeler we took a team of Mules down there and pulled him out and the day was shot.

Klaus Karbaumer says 2019-08-04 15:02:00 (CST)

All the rain that had been forecast for our area came down about 15 to 20 miles west of us, 10 inches in 6 hours, and we got nothing.
I plowed some yesterday, the ground was bone dry down to 5 inches, then a little bit moist. I need rain to get my fall planting started.

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.