Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Latest Message (link)

7 years ago

rh comment count

Was watching the Rose Bowl Parade and the commentators were very excited about having the Budweiser Hitch in the parade. I've been told in the past that there are in fact 8 similar hitches traveling around the country to get the coverage that Budweiser wants. Does anyone know if this number is true?? Thanks.

Klaus Karbaumer says 2017-01-04 08:45:49 (CST)

Koty, as much as I know there are three 8-horse hitches,one stationed on the East Coast, one on the West coast and one in St. Louis.

7 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

Todd NE WY says 2017-01-04 10:09:07 (CST)

I have heard they have 3 top level hitches that travel. They also have several lesser known hitches in training so to speak. Several years ago the Black Hills Stock Show advertised the Budweiser Clydesdales so my wife and I went. It was a good performance but it was not one of the top level hitches. The horses were not color matched like the top hitches and you could tell they were still learning some of the maneuvers. We were walking around in the stall area and I overheard one of the workers talking to someone and he was explaining they have these hitches that are the final training for the horses. All that said it was a good day and I bought a book that detailed the hitches thru the years and even had a chapter on the Super Bowl commercials and how they trained them for those stunts.

Todd

Dusty 4R says 2017-01-04 19:28:44 (CST)

They used to have 8 hitches but when bought by InBev they cut way back because they think the millinials don't like the horses, anyway check out the turtle ranch Facebook Dubois Wyoming, Robin Wiltshire , he trains the Clydesdale for the commercials as well as Wells Fargo and others. You will like it.

Koty says 2017-01-05 14:32:26 (CST)

Thanks guys. That explains the 8 I heard about many years ago vs. the smaller number today. I'd heard that they were cutting back on the horse image because the "millenials" weren't going to be interested. I happen to think that conclusion is incorrect, but who am I to dispute some CEO's decision??

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.