Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Latest Message (link)

5 years ago

rh comment count

Hello, My forecart is coming along fine, thanks to you people on the front porch. I am ready to put on a single tree. I only have one draft horse. What kind of single tree do you recommend.? Should I use one with hole in it? If so what size hole should I put in it.? Thank you in advance. ( I am enjoying doing this very much )
FredZ

Todd NE WY says 2018-08-09 09:00:54 (CST)

Fred,

To answer that question we need a little more information. Are you using shafts or are you planning to just put a singletree on the forecast? You really need shafts for a single on a wheeled vehicle otherwise you have no stopping ability. With shafts you would mount the single tree either above or below the cross piece at the back depending on which keeps your line of draft the best. The hole in the single tree would match the hole in the cross piece.

Todd

5 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

FredZ says 2018-08-09 17:02:28 (CST)

Hello, I am using shafts. I made the shafts and I put a place to hook the single tree on the cross piece at the back of the shafts. I am now debating weather I should hook the single tree on to that cross piece or hook it below that to where I am going to put my pole . When I take the shafts off and put a pole on to hook a team. I hope you can under stand what I am trying to say. Fred

Scott S says 2018-08-20 21:13:27 (CST)

I use metal because my wood ones aren't in very good shape anymore (to much weather not enough care). I like the quietness of wood. I fill the steal ones with expanding foam really helps with the noise.

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.