Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Latest Message (link)

6 years ago

rh comment count

The snow and ice are melting every day not usual February March weather does anyone have a reliable weather forecast? Mine did not forecast this. I'm going to enjoy this nice weather But I wonder what is behind this nice weather.

Klaus Karbaumer says 2018-03-02 20:20:37 (CST)

A warm front, K.C., that's what's behind this nice weather or in front of it, depending at the direction you look.
Sorry, I couldn't pass up on the opportunity!
We also had a rapid change from freezing rain and sleet to very mild weather. But as you know, in the EJast they had another big snow storm.
I know some people do not like to hear that, also because it doesn't fit their political alignment, but the fact is we are experiencing climate change with its increasingly erratic weather patterns! And that is just the beginning.

6 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

NoraWI says 2018-03-04 09:55:31 (CST)

We have had days in the 40s and 50s and nights slightly below freezing. Good mapling weather. The sap is running. Unfortunately, it is very confusing for the wildlife. Yesterday I heard the burbling of returning Sandhill cranes. Today, I heard killdeer. Someone said they saw a robin. Tonight and for the next 3 days the forecast is for high winds, colder temps and snow... up to a possible 8 inches. Not good.

K.C. Fox says 2018-03-05 00:05:48 (CST)

Yes I know it is a warm front. we are supposed to get snow and wind Monday. the weather man said 4"-12" and up to 40 mph winds so we will see what happens. hope that you don't get to much Ice and snow, we need the moisture so we will take it.

Dan in Illinois says 2018-03-05 15:39:45 (CST)

Spitting snow and sleet this morning in south central Illinois. The saying here is if you don’t like the weather stick around it’s gonna change.

G.D.Rose says 2018-03-05 21:04:47 (CST)

Didn’t get any snow last night or today but the wind has been blowing with a nice force of 30 to 40 mph all day.

Klaus Karbaumer says 2018-03-06 11:26:31 (CST)

The wind tore off the plastic on one of the hoophouses, it's been on for ten years anyway, time to renew, and today as I am preparing for the new cover we have fierce winds and a spit of snow. Not the nicest conditions, but tomorrow it's supposed to warm up again into the 50s.
I am chomping at the bit to get spring planting started!

Klaus Karbaumer says 2018-03-07 12:18:41 (CST)

After a few nicer days winter came back yesterday with snow showers and temperatures plummeting. Warm-up forecast for the weekend. Erratic !!
But I did get a start on repairing one of the hoop houses that got damaged during the winter storms and should we get a windstill time one of these days we might even be able to replace the plastic. I am chomping at the bit to get the spring planting going. Spinach that I sowed in November is up in nice rows, though, just waiting for warmer weather. On RFD-TV I saw this morning that spinach harvest is in full swing on Texas farms.

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.