I'm sure this has been discussed before, but after reading a response on the sugar in hay post and weeds in pasture, I thought I'd bring it up. My mules have a habit of eating the blooms out of poison hemlock growing in the pasture. My first thought is, it's poison. Why do they do that? Nothing else on the place will eat the stuff. They've done this every spring for years with no ill effects. So, I wonder what they get from it? A natural dewormer? Some missing nutrient or mineral? or are they just being a mule?