Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

I just want to tell you folks what a great thing Uncle Joe's appointment calendar is. I am sure some folks use it for appointments, but I use it almost like a diary. I jot a few lines down in it every evening. I write down when the "red sow" got bred or when the black cow had her calf. I write down what I did, who stopped over or what the weather was. I keep track of hay baled, maple syrup made or when the bull got moved. I love the old farm pictures too.
I just started writing in the 2017 calendar. On the shelf on my office are the last 5 years of these journals. They are great to read. The best part is going back to find information that I had written throughout the year. I just don't remember as good as I used to I guess.
Anyway, I encourage you to buy an appointment calendar and use it as I describe...the old photos alone are worth every penny of the cost.

K.C. Fox says 2017-01-04 23:12:49 (CST)

I had book's that fit in my shirt pocket from 1972-2014 with all sorts of things in them. then March 2 2015 in a house fire I lost all that I had in the house. I lost a trailer in 1972 had books for about 10 year's in there. I had some address's and ph no's I cant replace in those books. no one got hurt in either fire so that was A blessing thank god. You will get alot og good out of those books.

1 month ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

Klaus Karbaumer says 2017-01-05 08:11:17 (CST)

Good idea, Ralph, I have to get me one, too. I have the wall and the desk calendar, though. Another call to RH.

Ralph in N.E.Oh says 2017-01-05 11:44:52 (CST)

K.C. sorry for your trouble, but you said it best. No one got hurt, thank God!
I think these notes I make are helpful to me, but I bet my family will like to read them long after I am gone.
The appointment calendars just make it very easy for me. I also enjoy the photos from long ago.

Ralph in N.E.Oh says 2017-01-11 21:37:15 (CST)

Klaus, I had to chuckle when you said...another call to RH.
It seems that I lurk here every single day and almost with every visit, I find more hidden gems on this site. There are all sorts of things on the other tabs along with this forum. I am currently pondering buying the book listed on the home page about painting old wagons and such called "Practical Carriage and Wagon painting" ...looks like a call to RH soon

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

1 2
Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The February | March
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available at
Tractor Supply Stores
throughout the US.
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Horse Progress Days 2016
New horse drawn equipment
is demonstrated in the
field at Howe, Indiana.