Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

7 years ago

rh comment count

we got 2" of snow and cold weather coldest was -5. I have been cutting more wood Bev said we have a big wood pile I told her not yet, still just cutting dead and down trees. Most of the time I never get any standing trees cut up because there are to many that are down. by the time I get my path cleared through the tree lot It is spring. at the least it is all dry. hope you all have enough wood cut and stay warm. went to town yesterday to a gun show never bough anything just looked probably should have bought at least 1. I will feed my cows cake today and while I'm out there I will cut 1 pickup load of wood off an old dead tree that is in the pasture.

K.C. Fox says 2016-12-12 00:45:39 (CST)

We got 2" of snow

7 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

Klaus Karbaumer says 2016-12-12 08:04:07 (CST)

Just like you, K.C., I am handling firewood every day. Sold the last produce( baby kale and new potatoes) last Wednesday and now am enjoying the quieter time of the year.
It's cold here for Missouri, morning temperatures in the teens, and this week we'll have only two days with temperatures rising above the freezing point in the afternoon. No real snow yet, though.
My old snowplow is beyond repair, I will have to build a new one.

Ralph in N.E.Oh says 2016-12-14 18:36:30 (CST)

Hello to all of you snow bunnies. Here in the snow belt winter has made itself known. Last week we got a few inches, six or so, then a big storm dumped about sixteen inches on us. Of course twenty-four hours later we got a rainy drizzle. The mess all froze, but thankfully no power lines came down here. The weatherman has forecast one to two feet of "lake effect" snow over the next 30 hours for us. Thankfully, the farm is resting and so am I.

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.