Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

8 years ago, we were thrilled with the healthy delivery of a beautiful little molly, from one of our Haflinger mares...we imprinted her daily for about a month...she grew into a gorgeous 14.2 mare mule! BUT, due to circumstances, we failed to get her trained for riding or work, until she was EIGHT years old...when she was about 7, we did alot of groundwork, saddling and actually sat on her, but never rode out. Finally this year, I found the perfect trainer, that worked with her and within 2 months, she became a wonderful mount!! I had originally bred my mares to get a matched pair of wagon mules and did have them, but lost the little horse mule, at 4 days old...(ChaCha survived)...after ChaCha was broke to ride, I began looking for a match to her. In March of this year, I found the perfect match in looks, age and size...brought home Mr. Leroy, an 8 year old john. After a long search, I found someone that agreed to train them to a wagon! Well, as of yesterday, he's had them for 6 weeks and they are absolutely perfect!! Never gave him any trouble and he actually took them on a 5 day wagon train, this last week!! Crossed creeks, traveled up and down hills, met logging trucks, motorcycles and four wheelers...no problems at all!! I'm just SO proud, I had to share!! Thanks for indulging me and my pride!! ;-)

Andy Daniel says 2016-09-12 07:44:21 (CST)

That is a very nice looking pair of mules, hope you enjoy them for a long time. Who did you get to train your mules? I am driving a pair of bay haflinger mules and I am well pleased with them.

7 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

Todd NE WY says 2016-09-12 09:38:29 (CST)

Congratulations Sharon, it is so nice when a plan comes together. No matter how long it takes.

Todd

Michael Sills says 2016-09-12 10:41:25 (CST)

don't tell me I'm the only one who tried to "scroll" through those pics before I figured out it was a screen shot

Ralph in N.E.Oh says 2016-09-12 20:11:52 (CST)

Very Nice Sharon.

They look real good. I am glad that you never lost sight of your dream. Have fun, be safe and enjoy them as often as possible.

Michael... Yes, I fell for it too :)

Klaus Karbaumer says 2016-09-14 18:42:53 (CST)

You have good reason to be proud, Sharon. Not just of the team, but also of your own patience!
Couldn't express my appreciation earlier, our computer had crashed and we had to get a new one.

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.