Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

The 9th annual Hillsboro Amish Community Consignment Auction will be held at 11861 Karnes Rd. Greenfield, Ohio. Take 50 east of Hillsboro to SR 753 N. to Karnes Rd to auction.
The sale is July 9th At 9:00 AM. This sale has always had a good offering with everything from bird houses to hay balers, along with new furniture, quilts, machinery, horses and tack.
All proceeds go to the local Amish schools.
The auctioneer has a web site under Hess Auction Co. of Buford, Ohio.
Hope to see you there.
Bill Lemar

Klaus Karbaumer says 2016-07-02 11:25:29 (CST)

There is also a great Amish auction in Jamesport, MO on July6 and 7th with acres full of horse-drawn equipment, but also household goods, tools and implements of all kinds. On the 7th they also sell horses, mules and ponies.
That is my annual vacation!

7 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

K.C. Fox says 2016-07-03 01:58:05 (CST)

I have always wanted to go to the Jamesport sale just to see what all they sell. I went to Waverly twice and haven't been able to get gone again cattle always needed something. Does uncle joe go down there?

Uncle Joe says 2016-07-03 06:19:08 (CST)

I have never been there, though Klaus makes it sound like I probably should one of these years. We're heading home from Horse Progress Days today and will be working on finishing up the Aug/Sep issue this coming week before we go on the road again to do some filming for Rural Heritage on RFD-TV.

Joe

Klaus Karbaumer says 2016-07-03 10:36:50 (CST)

K.C., let me know if you can come, I'd love to finally meet you in person. Bring your check-book, too, since you most certainly will find things you'd like to have.

K.C. Fox says 2016-07-04 19:44:45 (CST)

I tried to post last nite it never showed up. If I can get away it will be around midnight so to late I will post on here but you will probably be gone from home before it gets posted. So otherwise I,M an old man wearing a black stetson peaked crown with a US medallion on the crown, a black leather vest and wearing spurs with big rowels. Cell No is 402 350 6099 If I'm on my way or at the auction my cell will be on we don't have cell service here at the place 2 miles away we got service

K.C. Fox says 2016-07-05 16:34:01 (CST)

I'm getting ready to leave around dark so will probably spend the nite some where between here and there.

C A Farms says 2016-07-13 10:03:50 (CST)

How did the Amish school auction go? I had to work.

Klaus Karbaumer says 2016-07-13 18:44:50 (CST)

Every year I go there - and I have been attending for about 20 years- it amazes me that it's getting bigger again and again. More and more horse-drawn farm equipment, also a lot of Amish buggies, and the crowds are big, prevailingly Amish. At times there were 5 auctioneers chanting at the same time spread out over the aisles and still it took them two full days to go through everything. On the first day it's mostly home and garden stuff, equipment for small animal keeping, but unfortunately also a lot of junk, on the second day it's the horse related items and horses. I couldn't stay for the latter, since I waited till my items of interests came up, but I was told that draft horses prices were high, some Haflingers ( The spell check always underlines Haflingers red!!) sold for very reasonable money. I didn't hear about buggy horses, which last year also sold astonishingly high.
The high interest in horse-drawn equipment points to an ever growing number of people who work with draft horses. I just wish the idea of feasibility of draft animals would hit home more also among the non-Amish farmers.

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.