Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

have got enough rain to make hay, enough wind to make water. we have been spraying SPURGE have got 1 section covered. I have been working the teams regular. monday afternoon hooked 4 head abreast and drug the road 4 rounds that makes 6 miles with a big tire. they settled in and worked like they should after 1 round. I havent been able to get on the site for a while I don't know why. I have still read the post thank you all for posting. I went to an Auction and bought 1/2 a semi load of 2x4's some 2x6's & 2x8's I have enough to build a building now.

Klaus Karbaumer says 2016-06-09 20:03:19 (CST)

Well, KC Fox, you make me laugh. Is there anything you wouldn't accomplish when you want to do it ?
Too bad so many of the Front Porchers live so far away!

7 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

K.C. Fox says 2016-06-09 22:24:26 (CST)

I have so many different things to do It will take another life time to get to most of them. that is what keeps you young at heart and mind just never quit, I read the obituary column in 2 local papers every week most of the deaths over 60 age are retired. I think retirement is hard on them. I wont retire until I cant physically cant get out of bed or worse. It got up to 98 here today we quit spraying at 4.30 the 4 wheedlers got so hot they were not running right. Had a steak for supper I will have bacon and eggs for breakfast tomorrow it just sounds so good mabie for supper as I don't eat breakfast just 2 cups coffee and run.

Todd NE WY says 2016-06-11 20:56:26 (CST)

KC,

Last fall I asked about the value of a Yardhitch. You asked for the information if I didn't buy it. The ad disappeared right after I asked on here so I figured he sold it. Well the ad has re appeared here is the link.

wyoming.craigslist.org/grd/5582988217.html

Todd

Ralph in N.E.Oh says 2016-06-11 21:40:51 (CST)

KC, I think you are right. I figure that I will have to live to about 200 to get all the stuff I want to do done. I am looking forward to giving up that town job and staying right here on the farm. You see I don't want to quit working... I just want to quit working there!

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.