Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

Christmas came early or late here at the Fox Ranch. I got my new Leather sewing machine yesterday, a cowboy 4500 assembled it and started sewing up A bunch of leather projects that I have been working on ,Hand sewing I real slow. Should have bought one before Had a singer patch machine before the fire. There are thing that you cant do with it, you cannot sew sideways like a patch machine. but I can live with that Put a vest, two Holsters part of a saddle flat plat rigging together. I can sew as light as 4 thickness of newspaper - 3 thickness of 10 OZ leather. I spent most of last night sewing and learning about the machine. I am Impressed right out of the box sewing not a bunch of adjustments to do. Sometimes it don't take a lot to impress me. Thank you all for posting and reading these post and thank you Joe for the site, It is still the best one yet. Wish Dale and Jawaller could be on here as I miss the wisdom and post.

Sharon says 2016-02-27 23:50:30 (CST)

Congratulations KC. You will like this machine. Which dealer did you buy it from? I bought one new a couple years ago specifically for sewing synthetics, as my old Landis One was too slow, and the hook and awl stitchers don't work on synthetics. Turns out I use it for a lot more than just the synthetics. I sew most of my headstalls and tack items on it now, and quite a few harness parts, chaps, even saddle skirts sometimes, although I still prefer the look of a hook and awl stitch over the closed needle machines. But these new machines are pretty user friendly, and I REALLY like the 16" clearance for stuff like in-skirts and padded saddle seats. Keep it oiled and don't abuse it and it should last you the rest of your life.

8 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

Klaus Karbaumer says 2016-02-28 18:48:42 (CST)

K.C. Fox, which other talents do you have we aren't aware of yet? Is there anything on your ranch you don't do ? Seems like you are pretty self-sufficient and you have fun with it!

K.C. Fox says 2016-02-29 21:17:11 (CST)

there is not muck that I can't do on the ranch. I feed the livestock came back to the house cut out a pr of shotgun chaps sewed them together put full length zippers in them tried them on and they fit, so now I have a pr of chaps to wear again. James called the ph no in Toledo oho and talked to bob I think he said it would be delivered in 2 weeks and it was. When we got it assembled it sewed just like it was supposed to.

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.