Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

• latest reply 8 years ago

8 years ago

rh comment count

today temperature was in the 50's the biggest part of our snow has melted. I cut 3 tree's that was in the yard still have 2 more to cut, then they wont fall on the house when the wind blows.

Andy Daniel says 2016-02-11 07:46:41 (CST)

Wednesday morning 3.5 inches of snow and 21 degrees. This morning snow is gone and 25 degrees. This is pretty extreme weather for where we live. Schools closed. Most stores closed. Roads impassable. I am sure this will be humorous to some of you folks. Chickens laid one egg yesterday, normally we get 6.

8 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

JerryHicks says 2016-02-11 07:51:05 (CST)

All our warm weather seems to have left us for a while. Day before yesterday it was warm and I saw my first Robins of the year. Yesterday it was 18 degrees at dinner time. 12 degrees when I got up this morning. The high isn't supposed to be much more than that. Expecting near or below zero going into the weekend. Good weather for working in the wood shop. Mostly feeding cattle and the stove.

Klaus Karbaumer says 2016-02-11 08:17:47 (CST)

It is 27 degrees here at our farm right now. Would have liked to spread manure resp. compost, but can't get into the pile because there is a thick layer of frozen material over it.

Klaus Karbaumer says 2016-02-11 08:28:12 (CST)

I should add it's supposed to get colder the next couple of days before a big warm-up next week. I don't really like these wild swings in temperatures , they make it harder to prepare for the growing season .

Koty says 2016-02-11 09:49:20 (CST)

It was 20 below in northern Wisconsin this morning. Fortunately no wind so wind chills didn't make it worse! I'll take your 50's!

So. Oh. Bill says 2016-02-13 22:13:34 (CST)

The last several days has been perfect for frost seeding clover in the hay fields. The ground was frozen and heaved up where you could hear it crunch under your feet and then to have a inch or two of snow on top so you could see where you have been, just makes it perfect. It was a little frosty, But I'm sure glad that I did it.

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.