Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

• latest reply 8 years ago

8 years ago

rh comment count

the ground is just covered with snow when I checked 20 min ago. I let my cow dog in for the night. A friend brought me a mule to work with one I lost his mate to matches up in size about 1000 lbs sp will see how he works tomorrow.

G.D.Rose says 2015-12-15 13:36:43 (CST)

I know that you are from north central Nebr. What town or you near. Are the gentleman that had the big roan drafts on the east side of the hiway south of Bassett, about 4 years ago. In Gordon snow didn't start until 8 this morning now we have about 4 inches still snowing

8 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

K.C. Fox says 2015-12-16 22:02:00 (CST)

I live south of Ainsworth on HY 7, I have met the Guy with the roan work horses. Can't think of his name now.

Klaus Karbaumer says 2015-12-17 13:56:24 (CST)

No snow around here . Even though it's kind of chilly right now ( 38 degrees) , it's supposed to warm up next week again. With all the rain we got a couple of days ago I can neither finish my fall plowing nor spread manure . So I'm sitting around reading a lot, cutting firewood when I feel I need to move more, and I'm waiting for those front porchers, like you KC Fox, who said that 'd be paying a visit if they come into the area.

hag says 2015-12-19 06:05:24 (CST)

When I was visiting my dad in Nebraska I met a guy out there who raises roan belgians. His name is Charlie dush but I can't remember what town he said he was near. I bet that is the guy you are wondering about. My dadlives in Arthur county just north of ogallala and he got about ten inches or so the other day. Said it was drifting pretty bad too. Hope it doesn't slow you down too much Mr Fox. Have a merry Christmas

K.C. Fox says 2015-12-19 09:44:40 (CST)

we only got 3-4 in of snow, really wet. Arthur county's old courthouse was made with bales of hay, it is now a museum. Arthur is the only town in Arthur county. I haven't went anywhere this winter. Art McMullen was the first boy born in Arthur county, he was my uncle's brother.

K.C. Fox says 2015-12-19 09:50:50 (CST)

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you& HAPPY NEW YEAR. We had 21 1/4 inches of rain last summer was a really good year lots of grass. May next year be a good year for all of you.

Sharon says 2015-12-20 21:39:29 (CST)

Hag, Charlie Dush lives near Duncan, NE. which is near Columbus, and he is my boyfriend of nearly 6 years. How long ago did you visit Charlie? He currently has nearly a hundred head of roan horses, both blue and red. I've always had trouble posting pictures to the Forum, but haven't tried with this new site. There are some great pictures of Charlie plowing with the roans that I should try to put on here sometime. Right this second, I'm on the phone with him and I should probably pay more attention to the business at hand:-)

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.