Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

8 years ago

rh comment count

I sure miss his comments and words of wisdom. He always said an awful lot with very few words. I hope that all is well with him.

Uncle Joe says 2015-12-04 09:15:01 (CST)

Dale is well. He has very slow dialup and our new site will not load for him. He is sorry he is not able to contribute any longer. I am working on coming up with a way to get him connected somehow. But it will be a little while. In the meantime, he asked me to forward any topics to him that people specifically ask him to chime in on and he will send me a reply to post.

Of all the problems that have come along with the new site (and there have been more than I would have expected) this is the worst, in my opinion. I will try to fix it soon.

Joe

8 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

Kate V says 2015-12-08 15:02:56 (CST)

Ohhhhh harumph!! That never occured to me, that dial-up would be an issue. I'm glad I ditched dial-up a couple of years ago.

That could be the reason why we haven't heard fro J.Waller and alot of other folks. :( :(

NoraWI says 2015-12-08 20:20:53 (CST)

Since most Porchers live in rural areas, and most rural areas still have problems with fast internet connectivity, this site may be a problem to some. I would not have been able to access the new site a couple of years ago when I had dial-up. I did finally get faster service but it isn't anywhere are fast nor as dependable as what people in the cities get.

Klaus Karbaumer says 2015-12-09 08:05:16 (CST)

When it comes to computers I have to admit I am rather ignorant. What is " dial-up" ? We are on cable, TWC, to be exact, and I do not think there is a problem with speed. But what do I know?

Kate V says 2015-12-09 09:27:20 (CST)

Klaus ---- dial-up service means accessing the internet through the use of a modem for the telephone lines. Before I subscribed to a satellite service, I would "click" to "sign-on", at that point I could hear the "modem" dialing the local server phone number, then I would hear all kinds of weird sounds then there would be silence at which time the AOL homepage would appear on my screen.

Klaus Karbaumer says 2015-12-09 10:21:26 (CST)

Thank you, Kate, for that information. Now I understand a bit more.

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.