Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

4 years ago

rh comment count

I’ve never met most of you, though a few of you are on my “would like to meet someday” list. I feel I don’t have much to offer in this forum full of wisdom and experience, so I don’t post very often. I check in regularly, though, and have really missed learning from you all this year! It seems the forum has been exceptionally quiet, with posts few and far between. I learn so much here! I had to research “wooly chaps” after a recent discussion.

I loved reading about K.C.’s cattle drive. I got to be a guest rider with a very small drive many years ago. We were assigned to simply keep the cattle on the main road through the town. Unfortunately, one of the riders left a gap, which allowed some of the steers to get through, and they took off down into the city park, and found a creek to drink from. It was fun as a spectator, though, watching the cowboys round the wanderers back up. I’ll never forget that ride, I had so much fun! Ever since, I’ve wanted to ride in a real, working drive.

I like to visit here to get a glimpse into your lives. We all have so much in common, and yet there are still so many difference it keeps it interesting. I greatly appreciated Neil’s insights into wagon trains. I like to read about those of you dealing with garden/soil issues, livestock challenges and successes, and so forth.

Please keep the wisdom and day-to-day stories coming. They motivate and encourage some of us newbies far more than you know!

vince mautino says 2019-11-20 14:05:02 (CST)

I don't have any teams anymore, just one old saddle mule and an even older pack mule. Age got to me. I still get out to do some elk hunting ,but lifting harness and such isn't do able. I enjoy reading other's endeavors though.

4 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

K.C. Fox says 2019-11-24 11:10:44 (CST)

I know what you mean the group of people that post on RH is getting smaller I think. several don't post for what ever reason. I try to post regular but at times I'm so busy I just miss posting. I'm about done hauling cattle for the year !0 more loads next week.

4 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.