Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

4 years ago

rh comment count

We arrived this evening with our team and got set up. If any porchers are attending, look us up. We’d love to meet you! We are pretty easy to spot, with our red Red Gate Farm shirts and our team of Spotted Drafts! We’ll also be demo’ing the Pioneer Homesteader. Hope to see you there!

Klaus Karbaumer says 2019-07-06 08:38:29 (CST)

I won't attend, but I wish you lots of success. It must be exciting and fun to participate in one of the most important events of animal-powered farming.
How far did you have to travel?

4 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

Neal in Iowa says 2019-07-07 21:26:36 (CST)

Danielle,

It was nice to meet you Saturday as you were between demonstrations of the Homesteader. I do like your mares. Nice size and a calm disposition.

Hope you had a good trip home.

Neal

Redgate says 2019-08-04 23:16:56 (CST)

Klaus, Arthur is only 2 hours from us, so I love it when HPD comes to IL and we actually get to attend. It was a great honor being able to participate with a such a knowledgeable and experienced group of folks!

Originally, Pioneer asked us to take our Homesteader and demo it for the event, since we had personal experience. I thought that was all we would be doing. As it turned out, we hooked to a huge variety of equipment, including manure spreaders, tedders, sprayers, cultivators, hay loaders, and much more! I had an absolute blast trying out the different types of equipment. My Christmas list is a mile long, though I know I'll never have the privilege of owning most of those items. What a great opportunity, though!

Neal, it was nice seeing you as well! I was thrilled with my team. They had several "tests" of their strength, patience, and temperament, and passed all with flying colors!! I had multiple offers to buy my team, or anything I had in training back home as a result, which I consider to be the ultimate compliment!

Klaus Karbaumer says 2019-08-06 10:18:51 (CST)

It certainly is a compliment to get offers on the team and I am sure you turned them all down and will so in the future. Horses that good deserve to be kept for their lifetime.
The picture shows you got to do some work after all. From Joe's short report in the RH magazine I had the impression that bad weather prevented the organizers from having the implements demonstrated in action.

Uncle Joe says 2019-08-07 10:46:06 (CST)

Klaus, the storm came up Friday afternoon around 1:30-2 pm. The morning session of tillage tools and produce equipment was unaffected. The haymaking demonstrations were just getting underway when the rain came. On Saturday, the field demonstrations of tillage tools and produce equipment were changed to having the implements simply pulled in front of the main arena grandstand. However, the hay mowers were then turned out to the hayfield.

Joe

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.