Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

• latest reply 4 years ago

4 years ago

rh comment count

Is any ready for round two for a good old fashion spring blizzard? They are calling for anywhere from 7 to 24 inches in my area. Little nervous about my young calves, but if your in the beef business you need to just work through it. Good luck to all thats in this storms path. See you on the other side of this storm.

Klaus Karbaumer says 2019-04-10 08:59:47 (CST)

I do hope you and your cattle will make it through the blizzard unscathed. Is there any way you can bring the calves into a shelter?

4 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

NoraWI says 2019-04-10 15:46:59 (CST)

Absolutely ridiculous weather! They first forecast well under an inch of snow/sleet. Now they forecast 1 to 3 inches of snow. It has been snowing all afternoon and I think it is well past 3 inches. I can't see the barn from the house. Heavy, wet snow in southwestern Wisconsin.

K.C. Fox says 2019-04-11 06:17:34 (CST)

well the storm is here it rained yesterday then last nite it started snowing we had 1" of snow at 4 this morning and wind. all our new calves were behind a nice wind break of Cedar trees Hope they all stayed there we are about 1/2 done calving when the sun comes up we will see what happened last nite.

Koty says 2019-04-12 06:41:14 (CST)

Northern Wisconsin..... the prediction was 9 - 15 inches and ice. In the end we got 2 inches. Period. Extremely lucky!

K.C. Fox says 2019-04-12 21:35:08 (CST)

We were on the south side of the storm and only got 2-3" of snow 1/2" of rain. So here it did not turn out bad Hope everyone else came out OK. I 80 and HY 30 were closed at North Platte. We are 120 miles North & East of there. REA stayed on through the storm. so we were good the whole time. the snow is really wet and slick tonight it is 1/2 gone. the calves stayed behind the wind break, we did not loose any to the storm. The best to all of you Prayers to all who got it bad.

Dan in Illinois says 2019-04-14 09:33:53 (CST)

A lot of bad weather across the country. Prayers to all affected. Just fighting mud here in Illinois so pretty fortunate overall.

Mike Rock says 2019-04-16 07:37:19 (CST)

Weird weather for sure. Shipped pigs last week, had to put in $220 worth of gravel. A few days earlier the hauler's trailer sank to the axles. Only one more load to go and it looks like another inch coming.
Sunday we saw that nasty snow just miss us.

Lots of oats going in around here in SW Wisconsin.
Worst winter for bees yet for me, lost 58 hives.

God bless all, and hope for a great year.

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.