Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

5 years ago

rh comment count

this site has about died from lac of post. If this makes it I have had alot of problems getting on this site some post never got posted. So here goes we got snow last night already had enough Ice and snow pack to make it slicker than snot on glass. hope everyone is doing OK.

Mike Rock says 2019-03-09 15:58:39 (CST)

Well, guess we are the last of the Mohicans.....
We're getting rain, blessed rain. Another blizzard we can do without.
At least the groundhog didn't see his shadow... or prairie dog out your way.

Trying to get a bunch of old growth Doug fir tongues from my friend in California. He's got a boat load of it, just have to bundle it and get headed east. Have about a dozen 42" or larger wooden wheels to rebuild too. That will take a few days!@

God bless
Mike

5 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

K.C. Fox says 2019-03-10 10:12:37 (CST)

I hope this site don't die ,it has been a big help to A lot of people. A bunch of people got to be friends because of this site.

NoraWI says 2019-03-11 05:33:18 (CST)

I asked Uncle Joe about this several months ago. He responded that people have gone to Facebook. I don't do Facebook either for various reasons. Yes, I do believe this site is dying. Pity because it has been a source of good information for many years.

Uncle Joe says 2019-03-11 15:56:45 (CST)

Right. So, the site itself is not dying, but certainly the Front Porch portion is dead. If you poke around the Rural Heritage site you might be surprised at how much good information is there, free for the taking.

As far as the front porch goes, post activity depends on people making posts and responding to posts. As I have reported several times in the past, two factors precipitated the front porch demise.

1. We were forced to redesign the website, especially the front porch to bring it in line with current programming languages and incorporate moderate security safeguards against hacking. That required people to register for the first time and a lot of folks balked. The website redesign also took longer to load on people's dial-up connections and that kept more people away.

2. Facebook has supplanted many (though not most) user forums. The forums that continue to thrive or at least survive have a core base of posters who contribute. Facebook is not for everyone and more and more people all the time are turning away from it.

So if you want this forum to regain a little of its past utility, post and respond.

We spent a bundle on the redesign and it would be swell if it did some good.

Joe

Klaus Karbaumer says 2019-03-11 19:05:18 (CST)

On another forum "The Chronicle of the Horse" where they have a lot of different themes I saw a reference to the RH Front Porch, when somebody asked about farming with horses.
If it created any traffic here I don't know, it was almost posted almost two weeks ago.
It is a pity that so many people who used to post here have left.

Mike Rock says 2019-03-12 09:28:05 (CST)

I don't know what to do.........post more and pray.

Getting a boatload of flats planted for the garden. Have four of those rubber mats with heating coils inside and a thermostat. Those work great, especially when on shelving we built in a bay window. Cabbage, tomatoes, peppers......long list.

Looking forward to a good summer. Last year we got flooded out and lost so much.

God bless

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.