Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

6 years ago

rh comment count

Coming in from cutting firewood ( hardly anything else to do on the farm right now except chores) I discovered among the mail my wife had brought in the newest RH magazine. What a joy!
Congratulations, Joe and Susan, for bringing out such a great magazine for ten years now! And I can imagine how nice it must be to do for a living what others would like to do for vacation, as you write in your publisher's post, Joe. Some of us who get to farm with draft horses share that privilege.
I enjoyed all the articles in the newest copy, Ralph Rice is always amazing in his practicality, and Katrina Julian is delightful to read with her reports about the Julian's farm life.
Even when some views have changed now about 'Tillage and Soil Management' and climate change will make some adjustments necessary, the old text reprinted from 1918, is very interesting.
I am glad that I do not need a deer fence, otherwise the Nordells' article is a must to read for people plagued by these creatures.
A word of caution, though, about the time-table of "Rural Heritage on RFD-TV": The text says it airs( like it has done in the past) on Tuesdays and..here the information is incomplete, but the dates shown do not square with my calendar for February when it comes to Saturdays. But I guess we will figure it out!

Uncle Joe says 2018-01-30 05:06:37 (CST)

Thanks Klaus. As usual your kind words are most appreciated and your close inspection is most revealing. I was in a bit of a rush to get this issue complete before my annual mission trip to Haiti Jan 8-24 and apparently did not give that page the proofing it needed. The errors belong to me and the accolades to my contributors.

Already started on the next issue and it’s going to be a dandy. Thanks again Klaus.

Joe

6 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

Jonathan Shively says 2018-01-30 08:17:55 (CST)

I have done my first scan (quick read) through the new magazine and it is another fine example of RH! 10 years! Time flies for sure! If I were an envious person, I would surely be envious of Ralph's farm. It is a beautiful showplace for sure. I have greatly enjoyed getting to know him and all the others through their articles and through the tv program. Thank you for all you do for all of us.

Ralph in N.E.Oh says 2018-01-30 17:52:58 (CST)

Hello everyone from a snowy northeast Ohio!
I too got my RH in the mail yesterday. It stopped me cold. I sat down and started reading and several hours later...I realized the day was gone.
Like all the others Joe, I want to congratulate you and Susan for putting out this great magazine. I am proud to be a part of it.
Guys, I appreciate your kind words about my farm and writings. I am very thankful to be able to share all of it with you.
The magazine is filled with lots of useful information. Eric Nordell's fence article was informative as usual. The Julian Farm is awesome. They are a hard working bunch with great horses. I enjoyed reading the diary...well done.
I don't want to run on longer, but I sure do enjoy ALL of your efforts Joe. Thank you for your hard work, your mission work and for "sniffing out" all this great stuff for your readers and RFD-TV watchers to enjoy!

K.C. Fox says 2018-02-07 11:41:24 (CST)

Yes another fine issue as always, I enjoyed reading the whole thing most of the time I can learn something from the Articles in the magazine. now I will read it again. thank you Joe I'm planing on going to Waverly this spring and also Jamesport. Just because I have some things to talk over with people that will be there.

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.