Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

• latest reply 6 years ago

6 years ago

rh comment count

this morning we had 2 1/4" in the rain gauge. We haven't had any rain for going on 3 weeks it was getting dry again. hope you all have been getting some rain. I think the grass now will last out the summer.

Todd NE WY says 2017-09-26 09:01:08 (CST)

Not sure how much we got, my rain gauge died over the winter but we had pretty steady rain over the weekend and had some a few days before that. It was very welcome as we hadn't had any for several weeks and dry doesn't begin to describe the grass and countryside.

Todd

6 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

Klaus Karbaumer says 2017-09-26 09:17:30 (CST)

K.C., we have been getting enough rain all summer that not only there was a plentiful hay harvest, but also the grass stayed green all summer and even now there are no brown pastures like we usually would have at the end of September. On the other hand, there were times when we got too much of it, like 8 inches in six hours and then nothing for three weeks despite great heat. Not exactly the best for growing vegetables!

G.D.Rose says 2017-10-03 07:47:22 (CST)

Getting any more rain in your area the last couple of days? Since Sunday afternoon up to this morning we got 1 inch here in the Gordon, NE area, hope you getting some of this too.

K.C. Fox says 2017-10-04 21:48:11 (CST)

we have got 4 1/2" of rain since the 24 things are looking real good now. hope everyone is getting some rain now.

Ralph in N.E.Oh says 2017-10-05 05:53:45 (CST)

After a wet summer much like Klaus writes about, we went dry. The weatherman says we are down almost 3 inches. We got a quarter inch last week and another quarter overnight. Things are looking better. Harvest is going great on area farms. The autumn leaves are changing fast and falling off the trees. Almanac says a rough winter for us. I'm thinking we will get the moisture, probably in the form of snow. I will say, that my speltz are up and its one of the best crops in years so far.

K.C. Fox says 2017-10-06 20:59:57 (CST)

we got another 2" of rain in the last 3 days. Hope this post.

K.C. Fox says 2017-10-09 09:27:04 (CST)

It is raining again today, this is becoming a wet country. We have had more rain this year than the last 2 years but not at the right time. I'm not complaining just observing. I worked on saddles yesterday afternoon with Toby

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.