Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

First of all, I want to say thanks to everyone who posts here, you all put some amazing information out into the world where anyone can find it and learn about things that are rarely written or discussed anywhere else!

I am fascinated by the amazing work that gets done with draft animals, and it seems to me that there are a lot more people doing that work back east than out here where I live in Southern California. I'll be visiting family in North Carolina and Georgia in a few weeks, probably between July 20th and August 10th or so, and I would love to get some hands-on experience around draft horses. I'm hoping it would be an exchange of work and teaching, I'm happy to lend a hand with whatever needs to get done.

I have about 7 years of experience with horses now, a small amount of experience being around working Belgians and Percherons (but not driving them), and essentially no farming experience (I've grown some tomatoes and carrots for myself). But I am cheerful and attentive and I learn quickly.

I'll be in Mooresville, NC and near Savannah, GA for most of my trip, and I'm happy to do a bit of extra driving for this experience. So if you could use an extra hand (or know someone who might!) and don't mind me asking questions, please respond here or email me at alexaadams92@gmail.com I'm also happy to give more information about myself, just ask!

Kelly says 2017-06-28 15:04:18 (CST)

This is Kelly from Rural Heritage. I suggest you take a look at our Apprenticeship Network page.(www.ruralheritage.com/new_rh_website/apprenticeships/apprenticeships_main_green.shtml)

Although you are not looking for an apprenticeship, these guys may be willing to help you out. There is one in each of the Carolinas.

6 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.