Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=2859262&kwd=&zip=41041&category=0

Not sure if this will work, but it's a post for an auction near me, here in Fleming county, Kentucky this Saturday, March 18th. Auction will start at 9:00,team and farm equipment will sell at noon. Will be a big auction! One of the largest Amish owned saw mills in our area and they are selling out completely. Several mowers as well, along with lot of other equipment and household goods!

Mike Rock says 2017-03-16 19:26:32 (CST)

Jerry,
Have you been over there yet? I have been looking for a Tumblebug hay mover and wonder if it is in goodish condition? I could drive down.

God bless.

Mike

7 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

JerryHicks says 2017-03-17 09:42:03 (CST)

I haven't and really only planned to go over in the morning, around 8:30 or so. What I know of this man, most of his equipment was in pretty good shape.

Mike Rock says 2017-03-19 18:41:19 (CST)

Hi Jerry,
How did the auction go?

JerryHicks says 2017-03-20 05:06:45 (CST)

Well, I attended the auction and there were a few bargains to be had, but a very few. I was surprised at some of the prices. A single section spike tooth harrow brought 90 dollars. A number nine mowing machine with a badly busted frame brought 475 while a John Deere Big four in usable condition brought 1100. I saw a corn binder bring 1,000 and a well used New Holland 256 hay rake, so rusted you could barely make out the 256 and with no dolly wheel brought 1700. An old model Pioneer fore cart with no seat,an after market tongue with a bow in it, and the bracket holding the brake lever in the floor broken out, brought 850.00. The team, both in good shape, Belgians aged 16 and 18, broke the best brought 2400 and the harness they were wearing brought another 600. That tumble bug hay mover was in good shape and brought 100. Three John Deere hay loaders, two in good shape and one for parts brought from 75 to 275. A set of Pioneer running gear with brakes and in bad need of a new flat brought 1100. The small items ran from a good deal to the ridiculous and when I left after staying six hours they still had about four wagon loads of small items to go.

Todd NE WY says 2017-03-20 09:46:34 (CST)

Jerry,

What you just described is why I have pretty much sworn off auctions. It seems like anytime I go anything I am interested in goes for way more than it should and it usually is the last thing sold or close to it.

Todd

vince mautino says 2017-03-20 17:15:23 (CST)

For those a little more out west. There is a farm auction in Elbert CO, about 30 miles NE of Colorado Springs, on June 17, Harley Troyer is the auctioneer for the Watts Ranch. The catalog shows a lot of real nice wagons . Probably won't be cheap, but most likely god quality.

See troyerauctions.com. On the top right there is a hot button for auctions. Select that and scroll down until you see Watts Ranch if you want to view some

Mike Rock says 2017-03-20 18:10:30 (CST)

Thank you Jerry.
That Tumblebug sure went cheap. Wish I could talk the guy into putting a couple stamps on it and sending it up here.

Weird prices on a lot of the stuff.

Thanks for the great report :)

God bless.

K.C. Fox says 2017-03-20 22:47:54 (CST)

If that auction would have been close enough for me to go to I would have bid on that tumble bug bale mover.

Mike Rock says 2017-03-21 12:06:21 (CST)

Ha K.C.,
That would have been fun bidding that Tumblebug up.....I wonder which one of us would blink first!

God bless.

K.C. Fox says 2017-03-21 23:09:03 (CST)

I don't need it it would have brought more then it would have been for sale if I bought it.

JerryHicks says 2017-03-23 05:18:13 (CST)

There is another Amish sale coming near me on April 1st. Looks to be a good sale though not as large as the previous one. There will be many coming up in May.

Dan in Illinois says 2017-03-27 20:23:06 (CST)

If anybody can use them there is a pair of young mules for sale on southern Illinois Craigslist. Wouldn't be too far from Kentucky.

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.