Already Registered?      Or Please Register to Post a New Message

Login Register

Complete Message (link)

I got my RH magazine with all the great articles and pictures yesterday and today coming in from pulling last year's tomato plants just in time to see the wonderful report about the plow day at Tom Renner's. What a nice surprise to see two of my friends, Dave Eichman and Doyle Prawl, with those great mules plowing. Both gentlemen are fine mule men who have the necessary patience and temperament to work with these animals as I have been able to witness at events I attended. Doyle even brought his mules to our farm for one of the draft seminars I conducted and helped get potatoes planted with them on that day.

Ralph in N.E.Oh says 2017-01-31 22:22:38 (CST)

I have to say (humbly) that I too enjoyed it. I have read most of it. I really liked the article about the old barn restoration. The small, homemade equipment was also very interesting. Another great issue, thank you Uncle Joe.
By the way, I purchased two books recently. One was called Sugaring by Jessie Haas. It is a children's book that I plan to read to my grandchildren at least once a year. The other was Practical Carriage and Wagon Painting by M.C. Hillick. It was interesting, but not a how to book as it references painting with lead etc. Both books from Mischka Press. They both helped pass a dreary winter day.

7 years ago via Forums | Front Porch Forum

Billy Foster says 2017-02-01 10:19:13 (CST)

Yes, for sure and excellent issue. I have really been enjoying the articles written by T.W. Scoggins these last few issues. Thank you Mr. Scoggins and thank you Joe.
Billy

DaveE says 2017-02-02 18:57:19 (CST)

Thank you uncle Joe for including me in the Tom
Renner plowing also thanks to Klaus for the kind words

forum rules icon

Forum rules
Read these first

forum monitor icon

Uncle Joe
Forum Moderator

Search forum
Search the forum ARCHIVE

Banner Ads

Available on-line
mischka.com/shop
Rural Heritage
Magazine
The Apr/May24
edition of Rural Heritage
is now available by
subscription or
single issue purchase
Check out a preview in our Reading Room.

calendar icon
Upcoming
Events
Rural Heritage
Calendar of Events
Home of the webs most
extensive Draft Horse, Mule &
Oxen Calendar of Events.

Bowmansville Roller Mill
1850s era mill used as
grist, roller and saw-
mills.